Sadly I’m back in Windows for office work. One of the annoying things I noticed on Windows XP was the Language Bar in the Taskbar. Even if you right click the Taskbar; go to Toolbars and disable the Language Bar it comes back when you log back in.
You would think in the multitudes of updates someone would fix this, but no. I found a lot of resources detailing how to fix this. Here is my take.
- Go to Start –> Control Panel.
- Go to Regional and Language Options.
- Go to the Languages tab click the Details button.
- Under the Settings tab click the Language Bar button.
- Disable the check box for Show additional Language bar icons in the taskbar. (I personally disabled all the check boxes.)