I got another Monday morning shocker as fuel prices were hiked up again. This is the 6th time this year according to my fuel log. Here are a few ideas on what you can do about it.
- The right tire pressure is a small thing but you might be wasting fuel on drag if your tires are under pressure.
- The quality of the fuel varies from shed to shed. If your drive is not smooth chances are there are impurities in the fuel. Change the shed.
- Check spark plugs and the fuel filter.
- Look into fuel and engine oil additives that claim to increase fuel efficiency. I’ve tried X1R which seemed to improve performance but no change in fuel efficiency.
- I’ve heard that nano tech fuel saver has some savings but no direct experience on it yet.
- Tinting helped me a lot by cutting down the air conditioning usage.
- Alloy wheels might help a bit but wider tires would counter any efficiency gained.
- A high pass air filter might help, then again keeping your current one clean would also help.
- Driving style has a lot to do with fuel economy. Accelerating and breaking too fast gulps down a lot of fuel.
Any more tips?