Just bought this printer in the morning and thought I’d share the setup on Ubuntu since a tweak was needed to get it going right.
The reason I bought this model was because it had separate CYMK cartridges and my friend at the shop recommended it to be a cheap to run printer for my low usage needs.
The price range for it was from LKR6000 to LKR6750. (I checked in 3 shops) What? I’m cheap.
You have to do these before plugging the printer into the computer. Its in the setup guide.
- Remove the stickers from the printer and cartridges.
- Plug power to the printer and power it up.
- Lift the lid and insert the cartridges to their right color positions. (the colors are labeled)
- Close up the printer and press the ‘ink charge’ button that is beside the power button.
- Wait about 1 1/2 minutes while the printer charges with ink. (No idea what that is)
After you have charged the printer you can connect it to the computer via the USB cable. Now in Ubuntu follow these steps.
- Go to System –> Administration –> Printing
- Go to ‘New Printer’. It should auto detect as EPSON Stylus C59.
- The C59 driver was a bit off so I selected C65 according to the mailing list post below. You can also try Epson Stylus C63 or Epson Stylus CX3700