Google Webmaster tools was complaining that my content had duplicate meta descriptions. I found that it was always displaying the blog description on all the pages.
I found quite a few meta tag plugins but I settled for the Improved Meta Description Snippets plugin with a small modification.
I added this else block at line 119 In the improved-meta-description-snippets.php
That displays the default blog description on the home page. Then I removed the default meta description in the header.php in my current theme.
How do I change my site’s title and description?
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Improve snippets with a meta description makeover
Ever since we got google.lk I was wondering how to get into it. Problem is google.lk was only indexing .lk domains. Rightfully so but all my sites are either .com or .info. Crap now what? Well I had a Google Webmaster tools account for my blog’s sitemap. I read somewhere that now you can get into country search with it. Here’s how.
- Go to Google Webmaster tools
- Get a Google account if you don’t have one.
- Login and add your site from the Dashboard.
- Verify it
- Now click on your site and go to Tools > Set geographic target
- Check Associate a geographic location with this site
- Select your country from the drop down and click Save
After a few days later I could search myself using the pages from Sri Lanka check box.